Last week one morning while I was in the kitchen fixing Jordan’s bottles my mind started to wander. Idk why but I was thinking, what if I won like $500,000 in the lottery? I know you’re thinking, just $500K, girl think big! Well we’ll get to that in a minute. I don’t need millions to be happy, it would sure be wonderful, but really do you really need that much money? Key word here is need. So there is a townhouse that’s behind my apartment and I can see it from my kitchen window. A couple of months ago during Parade of Homes I went and looked at it with the hubby. He doesn’t like going to open houses, but it is right behind our house, he could at least humor me right? Well, we fell in love. It was perfect for us. 3 bedrooms, spacious living room, kitchen, sunroom, spacious bedrooms and beautiful bathrooms. It even had a garage and nice sized fenced in back area. Very move-in ready and it’s not like going from apartment living to a full blown house with a yard and everything. It was priced at $134,000. Too bad the credit isn’t good and nor do I have the income to even support a mortgage. But I will get there. In my daydream I bought that house and paid cash. Then bought the hubby a car, bought me either a Passat or a Toureg and would get his dental work done. And I would take a part-time teller position or something of the like. Of course put away for college, you know all the obvious things. And whatever was left we would use to have fun, shop, travel, you know.
But then of course, your mind starts to go even bigger…what if I won the powerball and won millions upon millions of dollars? Let’s say like $45 million (after taxes of course, and yes You must take the lump sum!) So on a lazy Sunday like today (except for the outcries from my baby and my daughter wanting to eat everything all of a sudden) I have been exploring the internet of different things I would do if I won millions of dollars. –Surprising fact about the interent is that most of us visit maybe the 10 same sites all the time, and I’m actually enjoying looking up things I’ve never looked up before– So what would I do for real if I won the Powerball like that? ~ In somewhat of an order:
- yes, we know tithes. and personally since I don’t go to church like that, I would give it my mom’s church which I have been blessed by and spent my high school years attending
- after separating funds into several accounts and college funds, life insurance policies, health insurance, ira’s, mutual funds, hiring an investment specialist, accountant and attorney, etc we would first quit our jobs! (Can’t quit until we actually have the money you know! We’d either quit or get fired for not showing up when we’re on our way to Raleigh to collect our money! lol)
- We’d pay off our debts to everybody we owe, whether pesonal or business. We’d pay the rent up for 3 months to allow us to travel and then look for a house.
- We’d go on our first trip which would be to Jamaica and yes we would take the kids. We’d go to Sandals Resort bc they have a great family program. We would stay there for about 2 weeks while we decided what to do with our money, how to help our family and friends, and how to handle the people who come out of the woodwork.
- After the 2 weeks we would come home and purchase new cars. One for him, I would get a Toureg for the the family and a BMW for my car. Of course they will be fully loaded. The hubby and I would go get our dental work done. And we would look for a home and purchase a very large house. Yes a “mtv crib” style house. It would probably be in Star Hill Farms or Ironwood or some really elite neighborhood. I would shop for all the furniture and hire painters and an interior decorator for the house. We would pay off our parents houses and pay for college for our niece and nephew. Any things that our family needed we would take care of, by paying for it ourselves, we wouldn’t just give them money. Same thing with our friends, for example I have a friend that has a lot of medical bills, I would pay them for her and release her of that burden. But I wouldn’t just give her money. I have a few friends who are having babies, and I would do a lot of nice things for them like getting the remaining items off of their registry. We would hire a housekeeper as well.
- After doing that while we wait for our house to be completed with painting, appliances, decorating, landscaping, etc, we would take the kids and my brother’s family, my parents and his parents on a Disney World Vacation. The platinum package with luxury villas and the Princess meet and greet and all the upgrades. We’d stay for like 10 days and everybody could go to whatever park they please and we’d pay for it all.
- Fast forward to moving in to our home. After that I would stay at home and the hubby would go to school full time. I would move Bri to a more academic preschool and Jordan would remain at his daycare. I would probably spend most of my days shopping online or shopping in stores, going to the spa, of course my daily workouts and I’d hire a personal trainer. I’d learn languages thru Rosetta Stone. And I’d get Bri in ballet and gymnastics and would volunteer at her school. I would give my friends lots of gift cards to their favorite stores. And I would go on lots of trips. Some trips we would go on without the kids would be Amsterdam, Paris, Greece, Italy, Manhattan and Vegas. Trips with the kids or with Bri and Meenal and Jayden would include theme parks, Disney Cruise, Hawaii, Grand Canyon. Trips with just the girls would include Cancun, LA, Chicago (to go see Oprah of course!)
- As far as life goes and things I would like to do, I would finally sit down and write the book that I’ve been wanting to write. And I would either own my own wedding business or become of a fitness instructor. I would support local charities and non-profits in Greenville. Also March of Dimes, Autisim, Ronald McDonald house, Children’s Miracle Network, I would adopt children in other countries to provide them with medicine and food, and anytime that there’s a natural disaster I would donate to that, bc I’ve always had the heart to give but not the means.
With all of that said, I’ve been doing lots of daydreaming and you best believe that if this were to come true, all my friends would be so blessed, as would my family and definitely us and the kids. Now I’m off to continue to look at this stuff online. 🙂