One of the things that draw people to different credit cards or store cards is the rewards that come along with it right? If you have good credit and by getting this card means you get triple reward points you’re all for it right? Well the same applies with me with my 30 Day Shred program. I’m rewarding myself as I reach milestones. It’s never a good idea to reward yourself with food. That’s kind of contradicting to the whole point right? So I am rewarding myself with mainly beauty items. It’s to tie it all in together. My goal is to make me over right? In so many aspects, not just weight, but with hair and makeup and clothes and shoes and accessories. So to make it all come together; I’m rewarding myself for losing weight with the things that I want anyway. And not just weight loss milestones but size and accomplishments too.
What I’ve done is composed an Ultimate Beauty List of all the products (not really all) that I want. Not drug store products but Mac, Philosophy, Smashbox, Nars…products like that. For most of my rewards they will come from that list. And just to give a brief idea of what’s on that list it’s things like: Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion, Nars Blush in Orgasm, Smashbox Eyelights in Smokebox, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, Sephora Eyeshadow Palettes, etc. Other rewards will be things like:
- lace front wigs~ I’m already getting my basic everyday wigs on my own, but for reward purposes these wigs will be either the pricier ones (like Freetress Equal Mariah– I love it but won’t get now due to price) and those that would be more for going out or date night.
- Shoedazzle~ my pal at work put me on to this. Shoedazzle is a site that is like netflix for shoes. $40 a buck gives you a subscription to hot shoes each month. Kim Kardashian (love her!) is the celeb spokesperson for it. I love shoes but don’t put that much into it now bc quite frankly, being in heels when you’re a higher weight isn’t fun and isn’t for me. So that’s something I’m saving for at least the 50lb mark.
- Victoria’s Secret Tankini~ this is a true reward right here. I’ve been wanting this tankini for so long it’s crazy. And this summer I will be wearing it proudly! I will order this when I’ve arrived at size 8.
- Sigma Brush set w roll~ this is a must have for me! I can’t wait to get it, it’s gonna be one of my first rewards. I don’t know if I’ve previously blogged this but I have made the decision to switch to Mac for my foundation. I still love Bare Minerals but lately I haven’t been satisified with it’s coverage and it’s lasting power. In order to have great application you must have great brushes. And Sigma brushes are comparable to Mac brushes without going into debt for the cause! lol
- Turbokick ~ We all know I’m a huge fan of Turbo Jam and I want to get the Turbokick dvd’s as well, but they’re pricey…@ $40 a pop, that deserves to be a reward.
So those are just a few of the items I will be rewarding myself with. So you may be thinking, dang that sure sounds expensive. On the contrary. I’ve already decided how this is gonna work out. One of the perks of my job is that I get a free checking account with Wachovia. So when I get paid again I have $100 opening deposit for my acct. And I’ve already elected to have $40 go to that account automatically from my paycheck. I also have a Wachovia Way to Save savings account that I’ll have money going to automatically which is what I’ll use for saving for the household, like furniture and moving expenses. That will be funded from my bonus money. That way I’m not really taking away from anything else to get the things I want. So already I have enough money to get the Sigma brush roll set (well Friday I will anyway) The other way I can afford it is I’m always trying to get a bargain. So for most of the items on my ultimate beauty list will be purchased from Ebay and QVC.
As I stated before my rewards aren’t just based off weight. I will be rewarding myself for every 10lbs lost and each size from 12 to 8. I will reward myself for milestones also. Like when I move to Phase 2 of the 30 Day Shred and Phase 3 and I complete it. And for being able to wear a couple of outfits of mine that I’m using as milestone markers. This motivates me even more because I want all of the things on my list but they have to be earned. Wanna do a rewards program for yourself? I highly encourage it. Just do it based on the things that you love. Like books or crafts if that’s what you’re into. Or buy a couple of gift cards to stores you love and for each milestone go use that card. Gotta do what you can to keep you motivated to accomplish your goals.