I don’t know about you, but Valentine’s Day is a great
excuse reason to go all out feminine in pretty pinks and reds. Whether you’re going out with your boo or with your friends or with your kids, I say embrace the day in all its girly glory! Since Valentine’s Day is a couple of weeks away I’m here to help you get Valentine’s Date Ready with style ideas you’ll love.
*this post may include affiliate links, you can read more about that by reading my Disclosure post*
Starting with clothes. I am a lover of all things pink and anytime I look online or in the store for clothes I have to force myself to not go with something pink. I can’t help it, it’s a weakness for me. Valentine’s Day is perfect to add pinks, reds and purples into your wardrobe.
- Sleeveless Peekabo Rouched Bodycon Dress — I love this dress! I say work your curves girl! The rouching details help to accentuate the positive! 😉
- Ruffle Sleeve Blouse — The pleated sleeves add that special something to this crewneck blouse.
- Double Ruffle Cold Shoulder Dress — I love these flirty ruffles and bonus is it’s pink!
- Ladder Sleeve Blouson Shift Dress — The ladder sleeve detail on this dress is what gives it an extra edge.
- BCBG Max Azria Lianne Sweater — I am obsessed with the bell sleeve trend and this fitted sweater is equally cute and sexy.
- Flounce Sleeve Cold Shoulder Ribbed Sweater — Bell sleeves and cold shoulder is a win-win!
- Cut Out Peplum Top — This asymmetrical peplum top with the strappy detail is perfect for a night out.
Regardless of what you’re wearing you can dress your look up with accessories. Specifically jewelry. I love to wear dangle earrings with my hair up. I also love stud earrings when my hair is down and it peeks through my hair.
- Pear Double Drop Earrings — these are simple in it’s style and I think that’s what makes it so pretty
- Majestic Marquise Drop Earrings — omg the colors are perfect!
- Swarovski Crystal Pendant Necklace — all of these colors together are so pretty!
- Gold Pear Stone Drop Earrings — the color is so romantic.
- Gold Slider Flex Link Bracelet — love the detail and how it looks like antique jewelry.
- Tassel Drop Earrings — these are so flirty and fun!
- Garden Statement Stud Earrings — the detail on these earrings is what makes them stand out.
- Pink and Orange Swarovksi Double Drop Earrings — love the color combination
- Arrow/Heart Earring Set — these are so fun and would also be a great gift for a tween/teen.
Bags & Shoes
The finishing touch to your Valentine’s Date look is your shoes and your bag. When it comes to your handbag I think you should choose a clutch or a small bag. You really don’t need much to carry other than your wallet, your keys, your phone and your lip color. Unless you’re going out as a family… I didn’t pick options for that.
- Aldo Calubura bag — this quilted cross body bag has the look of a high priced designer bag. #lookforless
- Dear Drew by Drew Barrymore Fold Me and Hold Me Clutch — totally getting this for the cute factor!
- The Fix Isabelle Glitter Small Cross body bag — remember it’s not meant to fit much, it’s meant to sparkle!
- Sam Edleman Elisha bag — again designer vibes at a non-designer price!
If you are going to be wearing a red dress for example, I think you should go with a nude shoe. Also, when it comes to nudes, you should go with your nude based on your skin tone. Depending on your skin tone you can go within a few shades of your skin color if you can’t find the perfect match. Here’s a few options:
- Shoe Republic La Pointy Toe Stiletto Pump Paltrow — If you can work with a 4.5″ heel this works great with a cute dress.
- Jessica Simpson Sampson Nude Wedge Heel — I personally love a good wedge because they give me the added height when I don’t want to deal with a stiletto heel.
- Marco Republic Rome Memory Foam Platform Pumps — the memory foam cushion helps to keep these shoes comfortable to wear and the platform makes the heel height not seem as high for your feet.
Now if you’re wearing a little black dress or something neutral then adding a red pop of color is the way to go!
- Nine West Tabbae Leather Sandal — this strappy red leather sandal is both classy and sexy.
- Aldo Women’s Acedda Pump — you can’t go wrong with sparkly heels in my book!
- Schutz Women’s Ginny Fashion Boot — ya’ll I know it’s cold outside almost everywhere, these boots will keep your toes both warm and fashionable!
I have you covered with outfit ideas, cute accessories, bags and shoes, what’s left? Not much but I did want to share one last thing.
When it comes to any red or plum lip you want to make sure it stays put. Liner and a long lasting lipstick or stain is key. And then top it off with gloss, especially if the lipstick or lip stain is matte.
Hopefully I have given you some great ideas for your Valentine’s Day Date Night. DH and I will be going out surrounding Valentine’s Day but we don’t go out on the exact day. It’s just too hectic and crowded for us. I’ve learned that lesson early on in our relationship. I’m okay with it. We spend the time we’d be going out on Valentine’s Day with our kids and usually make a nice dinner at home. What will you be doing for Valentine’s Day? Tell me in the comments below!
Wow! Absolutely love the Pink Outfit Ideas! I purchased blush pink maxi dress (under $50!) from online store, and i got exclusive discount on it, by using coupon code; Converse coupon codes . I’ve a great experience with this, the fabric quality is too good and price as well.
Great for those that still go out for Valentines day.
we try to get our date night around the day but not on the day of 🙂 thanks for stopping by Gail!
These are all such cute pieces for V-Day! My favorites are the pink open shoulder dress, and the red booties! #blmgirl
Great picks. I always struggle with what to get for Valentine’s Day.