The days are long but the years are short. If that’s not the biggest truth about parenthood I don’t know what is. Last week my daughter picked up her cap and gown in preparation for graduation happening in a couple of months. I’ve started looking at graduation dresses. In an attempt at finding the perfect graduation dress, figured I’d share some with you too.
For graduation I do like the traditional white dress. I think it works with just about any color of cap and gown (for pictures with the gown open). And there’s something about wearing a white dress ya know? It’s tradition.
*this post includes affiliate links for your shopping convenience, you can read more about affiliate links by reading my Disclosure*
GRADUATION CEREMONY DRESS IDEAS
love swept white lace midi skater dress • Lori dress • Olive clipdot dress • always your darling white swiss dot short sleeve dress • Roxana dress • Winnie ruffle dress • grace and beauty white burnout floral print tiered dress
The perfect graduation dress should be on the shorter side. No longer than mid-calf and that’s at the longest. You don’t want it to peek out from under the graduation gown.
Another thing, you also don’t want it to be too form fitting, in my opinion. You want to feel easy and breezy especially since it often tends to be hot. Whether the graduation ceremony is indoor or outdoor.
My focus is on high school graduation dresses. Of course these white graduation dresses work perfectly for college graduation as well. You may be looking for something a little more mature. Check out Windsor for some great options!
GRADUATION DRESS INSPIRATION
always your darling white swiss dot short sleeve dress • Lori dress • Olive clipdot dress • grace and beauty white burnout floral print tiered dress • Roxana dress • Winnie ruffle dress • Deanna mule heels • alta light nude lace up heels • Joyce wedge heels
TIPS FOR FINDING THE PERFECT GRADUATION DRESS
Finding the perfect graduation dress can be a fun but sometimes overwhelming task. Here are some tips to help you find the perfect dress for your graduation:
- Consider your personal style: Think about what styles you typically gravitate towards and what makes you feel confident and comfortable. Do you prefer something classic or trendy?
- Think about the dress code: Check with your school or university to see if they have any specific dress code requirements for graduation. Some schools may require certain colors or lengths for dresses.
- Consider the weather: Depending on the location and time of year, the weather can play a big factor in choosing the right dress. Make sure to choose a dress that is appropriate for the temperature and weather conditions.
- Look for comfort: Graduation ceremonies can be long and sometimes uncomfortable, so look for a dress that is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. Avoid dresses that are too tight or restrictive.
- Try on a variety of styles: Don’t be afraid to try on different styles and silhouettes to find the perfect fit. Sometimes dresses that you might not have considered can surprise you and end up being the perfect dress.
- Accessorize: Once you have found the perfect dress, consider accessorizing to complete the look. A simple necklace, earrings, or a cute pair of shoes can add a nice touch to your outfit.
Remember, the most important thing is to choose a dress that makes you feel confident and comfortable on your special day!
WHITE GRADUATION DRESSES UNDER $100
Lace is such a timeless option don’t you think? Love it! A white graduation dress can be a classic and timeless choice for your special day.
White is a traditional color for graduation dresses, and it represents purity, new beginnings, and accomplishment. A white dress can help you stand out and look elegant on your graduation day.
Whether you prefer a simple, understated look or something more elaborate and embellished, a white dress can be versatile enough to suit your style.
AFFORDABLE GRADUATION DRESSES
There are plenty of beautiful white dresses available for under $100. These are great options I’ve shared with you. In fact, the whole post I believe each dress is under the $100 mark!
Remember there are plenty of options available within your budget. Keep an eye out for sales and discounts, and don’t be afraid to shop around to find the perfect white dress for your graduation day.
Now that I’ve done all of the searching for the perfect graduation dress, I just need to have my daughter pick one! In a few short months I’ll report back with what she chose!
If you’d like to get even more home decor inspiration and finds and all things random, be sure to follow me here: