I am really enjoying sharing my gift guides with you friends! Sometimes finding the right gifts during this busy season is the last thing you want to do. Gift guides make it a bit easier for you. Today I’m sharing my Gift Guide for New and Expecting Moms and I hope you find it helpful. When I’m thinking of these gift guides I want to think outside the box. Sure I’ll have a few other gift guides that are more common, like for the hostess, for your mom, for your bestie, etc but today I have the new mom on the brain.
When you’re pregnant during the holidays or you just had a baby, people aren’t really thinking about you as the mom. They’re all about the baby. It’s not intentional. You’re just put on the back burner. Sometimes you may want something that can be for the baby but deep down you want something for you. That’s what I’m sharing today for we, the people who didn’t just have a baby or aren’t currently growing one inside of us, to take some time to give the new mom/mom-to-be something that she’ll appreciate.
*this post may include affiliate links, you can read more about that by reading my Disclosure post*
Let’s dive in to this gift guide friends!! When I was curating this gift guide I was thinking of things that I would love if I was pregnant right now or if I just had a baby. It was a short nine years ago that I had a six week old baby at this time of year and aside from wanting more sleep, a housekeeper and a chef, I really just wanted to be comfortable. So many of the items I’m sharing today are just about that, keeping mom comfortable.
- Barefoot Dreams Women’s Luxe Milk Jersey Piped Pajama Set — With comfort in mind a nice set of pajamas is a perfect gift for the new mom. Or any mom for that matter. She’ll feel pampered because these Barefoot Dreams pajamas are just that… a dream. Trust me, you’ll want to grab yourself a pair too!
- Home Slipper Women’s Soft Fleece Indoor Slippers — Who doesn’t love cozy slippers? Especially a new mom who may have been sweating in the last weeks of pregnancy but now is cold all of the time. Super cozy soft and plush slippers are the perfect gift idea for her.
- Invisibobble Hair Rings — A practical gift for the new mom who has no time to mess with her hair. She can pull her hair up into a ponytail or a messy bun and not have to worry about a hair elastic being too tight or pulling out her hair. This is a great stocking stuffer idea for any girl on your list.
- Baby’s First Christmas Ornament — Perfect for the holidays this porcelain baby carriage ornament is sure to last decades and what I love about it is that it’s minimalistic in it’s style. That way it can go with so many decor styles for the new mom.
- Barefoot Dreams Cozy Chic Lite Circle Cardigan — Just like with the pajamas I’ve mentioned before this cardigan is beyond cozy perfection! It’s tailored enough that you can wear it outside the home and comfy enough to lounge around in at home. Everyone raves about this cardigan so get it for the new mom on your list and she will surely appreciate you for it.
- Our Newest Blessing Baby’s First Christmas Ornament — I’m including this ornament because I love the styling of it. I haven’t found a similar one in other skin tones but I think this is perfect for the new mom with her new bundle of joy. Her newest blessing!
- Phone Soap 2.0 Cellphone Sanitizer and Charger — If you’re not already a germaphobe before you have a baby you definitely become hyper aware of germs and cleanliness when you have a new baby at home. This Phone Soap 2.0 is awesome because you put your smartphone inside of it and it will sanitize your phone and you can have it charge at the same time. Such a great invention!
- Mommy Steps Maternity Insoles — A woman’s foot goes through some changes during pregnancy to say the least. I’m sharing both these Mommy Steps Maternity Insoles for Active and Athletic shoes and the Mommy Steps Maternity Insoles for casual shoes and/or flats because I think that this is a great gift idea that the expecting mom may not even know she needs.
- Miracle in the Making Sonogram Ornament — Isn’t this so adorable?! Perfect for the expecting mom who is far enough along in her pregnancy to have those good sonogram pictures where the baby looks like a baby. You know what I mean. That baby is already part of the family so why not give them a special keepsake ornament too. I love how it looks like it’s a cable knit sweater.
- Erin Condren Petite Planner Pregnancy Journal — This is a pretty and functional way to keep up with all of the milestones of your pregnancy. The expecting mom will enjoy this gift even if she’s pretty far along in her pregnancy. She can still go back and fill things in and will find use for a lot of the lists and options as her due date approaches. This is also a great gift idea for when she first announces that she’s expecting. I know she’ll appreciate the thoughtfulness.
- Erin Condren Petite Planner Baby Tracker — This is similar to the pregnancy journal except it’s for tracking all kinds of things for the new baby. Tracking feedings and sleeping and all kinds of other things (moms you know 🙂 ) this is a great way to keep up with all of the things you need with a newborn and for questions for the doctor and it really is just a way to stay on top of things when your life is in a chaotic state. The Polaroid Zip I shared in my previous post is perfect for this baby tracker. Maybe make that your gift, the Polaroid Zip and the Baby Tracker. 🙂
- Sunbeam XL Tension Heat Relief Body Wrap — Talk about something cozy. This heat wrap is perfect to go over the shoulders and upper back area. Holding a baby in just the right position can sometimes take a toll on your shoulders especially as the baby gets older and heavier. Or if you’re like me and you have 9lb newborns 😉 I think this is a practical gift that both expecting moms and new moms will appreciate.
- 23 and Me DNA test — I think this is a great gift idea to give to a new mom. There’s something about becoming a parent that makes you want to learn about your past. What’s great is that these kind of tests are more accessible and not super expensive so it’s a perfect gift.
- Amazon Echo Show — Perfect for a new mom. Play music, get recipes, listen to audiobooks, see security cameras and so much more. You’ll find so many uses for the Echo Show that you’ll wonder how you managed without it!
- UGG Pom Fleece Lined Socks — These socks are a dream come true! They’re so comfortable and perfect for the colder months when you’re walking around at home. She’ll never want to take these socks off and that’s quite alright! Especially in the early weeks when she’s not really leaving the house except to go to the doctor’s appointments. These are great gifts for any girl on your list including yourself.
- Homedics Shiatsu and Vibrating Massage Pillow — A new mom may not be able to carve out the time for an hour long massage but she can enjoy this at home massage with this massage pillow.
I have a few other items that I realized after I made my collage that I didn’t include them. #facepalm Ugh it’s the worst. But the good thing is, I can still share them, they’re just not all organized together in a stylistic way.
- Momsense The Smart Breastfeeding Meter — As a nursing mom, you’ll take any help you can get in those early days whether it’s your first or third baby you’re nursing. This meter helps you track you baby’s feedings with how much they’re feeding, milk intake and real time reports.
- Canon EOS T5 DSLR Camera with Lens Kit — If you’re not already into photography I think what makes most of us want to take tons of pictures is having a baby. Sure you can take pictures on your cellphone but it’s better to get great quality from your snapshots. I love Canon for DSLR’s and I think it’s an easy camera to get used to and it’s not too heavy. So get the new mom a DSLR and you’ll have a budding photographer on your hands 🙂
The gifts I’m sharing today are not just for the holidays, they’re also great gift ideas for a baby shower. Don’t forget the new mama 🙂 She needs some pampering too! I’m a big fan of registries for weddings and baby showers. It would be a great idea to get something for baby from her registry and get something I’ve suggested for the mommy to be from my gift guide. It’s a win – win!!
Last but certainly not least… gift cards. Whether it’s a gift card to Amazon, Walmart or Target for household and baby or personal needs. Or it’s a gift card to her favorite restaurant for either a date night or dinner to go for home, I think a gift card is a great idea. You can pair it with one of the other gift ideas above as an added bonus.
Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed the gift ideas 🙂 Let me know your thoughts by sending me an email or leaving me a comment. Until next time friends! P.S. if you’re reading this today from 11/24-11/28 the Erin Condren Black Friday Sale is happening. I shared it in my latest post!